[Advocacy] OSS going before parliament next week

Leslie Fletcher Leslie.Fletcher at ukuug.org
Mon Nov 20 18:31:21 GMT 2006

Colleagues

A petition needs to be part of a plan in order to gain the most from the
promised response:

        Once your petition has closed it will be passed to officials who
        work for the Prime Minister in Downing Street, or sent to the
        relevant Government department for a response.

It would need to be carefully structured to meet the conditions laid
down at

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/terms

The main point in creating a petition seems to me to be that a petition
must have:

        a clear and concise statement covering the subject of the
        petition. It should state what action the petitioner wishes the
        PM or the Government to take.

Suw Charman's petition on DRM looks like an excellent example to watch
and learn from (and to sign up to!).

Regards

Leslie Fletcher

--