[UKUUG-Announce] Linux 2006 - Brighton - Call for Papers

Alasdair G Kergon agk at ukuug.org
Sat Apr 1 22:34:53 BST 2006

   We have extended the deadline for abstracts to Friday 7th April.
   Please forward this message to people you think should take part
   or send your suggestions to linux2006 at ukuug.org.

                     ------------------

This summer's UKUUG linux conference will be held in Brighton
with tutorials all day Thursday 29th June and the conference
all day Friday 30th and ending early afternoon Sunday 2nd July.

The website is accepting abstracts at:

   http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2006/register.shtml

Abstracts for the main conference or tutorial programme should be
accompanied by a short biography, and, ideally, should be about
250-500 words long.  Final conference papers should normally last
about 45 minutes, including 10 minutes for questions and answers.
If you need more time for your presentation, please tell us when you
submit your abstract.

We invite speakers on all aspects of Linux development. The programme
will cover a variety of subjects, including kernel and desktop
development, tools, applications, networking and security. Any topic
likely to be of interest to Linux developers and enthusiasts will be
considered.

Additionally this year we are seeking presentations or short tutorials
of a more introductory nature. We intend to make part of the conference
programme accessible to people who are relatively inexperienced with
linux.

    Closing date for abstracts:    7 April 2006 (note revised date)
    Accepted authors notified by: 14 April 2006 (note revised date)
    Final papers due by:           4 June  2006

http://www.ukuug.org/events/linux2006/