[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - LinuxConf Europe - Important announcement

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Mon Aug 13 13:35:33 BST 2007

        LinuxConf Europe 2007 Conference & Tutorials, Cambridge

                 Sunday 2nd - Wednesday 5th September

The full timetable for this event is now online at:

  http://www.linuxconf.eu/timetable

  http://www.linuxconf.eu/programme

The technical programme is particularly strong this year because the
annual invitation-only Linux Kernel Developers' Summit visits the UK
this year and overlaps with our event in the same hotel.  Some top
developers from around the world are arriving early and taking part in
our conference.  Please don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
to meet them and make them feel welcome in the UK!

The conference dinner is on Sunday evening, after which Dr David
Hartley, a former director of the Cambridge University Computing
Service, will offer a personal view of the development of computing
in Cambridge University.

On Monday evening we're planning an off-site event - details to be
announced later this week.

There is the opportunity to take Linux Professional Institute exams
on Tuesday afternoon.

Topics covered in the tutorial stream are: SystemTap, RDMA, Cell
Programming, Linear Programming, GIT, RPM, High Availability, Chip
Development and Ruby on Rails.

Please book this week - by Friday 17th August - and mention the event
to any friends and colleagues who might be interested!

Prices are shown on the website and there is a 25% discount for UKUUG
members.  There are also still some discounted places available for
students or linux developers who would otherwise be unable to afford
to attend.  Please contact office at ukuug.org for details.

Organised by the UK Unix User Group and the German Unix User Group.