[UKUUG-Announce] PyCon UK - 12th - 14th September - Birmingham

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Fri Aug 8 15:57:09 BST 2008

Hello,

Putting on my PyCon UK hat, I'm really pleased to announce that we've
announced the majority of talks, as well as the tutorials for this
year's Python conference.

PyCon UK 2008 is the second PyCon event in the UK, and is being held
on 12th to 14th September at the Birmingham Conservatoire. It's a
non-profit, community-organised conference with a high focus on
"interesting, useful, affordable and fun" :-)

Among the speakers and delegates you'll find some familiar faces from UKUUG.

The conference starts with a day of tutorials on the Friday.  The
timetable for the tutorials day has now been published:

 http://www.pyconuk.org/timetable.html

Abstracts for the talks, tutorials and BoFs are now up at:

 http://www.pyconuk.org/talk_abstracts.html

Personally I think the list of talks looks great, but then I'm biased :-)

The early bird rate (£75) is still open (but only until Monday):

 http://www.pyconuk.org/booking.html

It's a bit of a bargain as this includes all your food.

The schedule will be announced in the next few days, and the plenary
sessions will include Lightning Talks as well as keynotes from Mark
Shuttleworth and Ted Leung.

Please do forward this to whomever you think would be interested!

If you have any queries please email:  help at pyconuk.org

Best wishes,

John
--