[UKUUG-Announce] updated OpenTech Call for Participation

Sam Smith sams at ukuug.org
Wed Mar 19 23:37:43 GMT 2008

     Call for Participation 1.1 - OpenTech 2008
     	Deadline for proposals is Sunday 30 March

     Saturday 5 July 2008, London, UK

         Presented by UKUUG in association with mySociety + Open Rights Group
         http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2008/

     *What is OpenTech 2008?*
         A low-cost, one-day grassroots conference with a wide range of
         sessions covering digital technology, society and
         the environment

     *What do we need?*
         Proposals from people who want to give a
         presentation, run a panel, organise a workshop, or
         run a demo of something new and interesting

         Publicity - please blog this announcement, write a
         newspaper article, forward to mailing lists, and
         tell your friends!

     *What topics do we hope to cover?*
         - Mashups, open data and security
 	- Disaster politics and technology
         - Future of media distribution
         - Low-carbon and low-impact living
         - Politics 2.0
         - Long term thinking on big problems and massive opportunities

         - If you've got an interesting proposal that doesn't fit into any of
           the categories above, please send it in anyway!

     *What have we already got talks or sessions about?*
 	- ID, surveillance and data-sharing
 	- Databases in Healthcare and scientific research
 	- Green data, games and usage
 	- distributed creation of data
         - WhatDoTheyKnow.com and other engagement projects
 	- Telling stories with online video

         We're still looking for more talks on these topics,
         so if you want to offer something, we're waiting to
 	hear your ideas.

     *How do I submit a proposal?"
         Please use the form on http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2008/
         The deadline for submissions is midnight on Sunday 30 March 2008

     *Can I buy or reserve a ticket to the event?*
         Register at http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2008/list
         and we'll email you nearer the time with more information

     *Any other questions?*

         If you have any other questions, or want to make us
         an offer we can't refuse, please visit
         http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2008/ for more
         information and contact details of the event
         organisers

     OpenTech 2008 organisers (Ben Lamb, Etienne Pollard, Sam Smith)
     http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2008/