[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG announces - OpenTech 2009 - 4th July

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Mon Feb 9 11:34:52 GMT 2009

                              Announcing
                       Open Tech 2009  - 4th July
                from UKUUG and friends. Sponsored by 4IP
                         www.ukuug.org/opentech

Open Tech 2009 is an informal, low cost, one-day conference
on slightly different approaches to technology, democracy
and community. Thanks to 4IP for sponsoring the event.

*What do we need?*
- Proposals from people who want to give a presentation, run a panel,
   organise a tutorial, or run a demo of something new and interesting
   on something that they think matters or getting people to help.

- Publicity - please blog this announcement, write a newspaper article,
  forward to mailing lists, and tell your friends!

What topics do we hope to cover?
     - Mashups, open data and security
     - Disaster politics and technology
     - Future of media distribution
     - Community engagement
     - Democracy 2.0
     - Highlights, lowlights and lessons learnt
     - Long term thinking on big problems and massive opportunities
     - Tutorials & Workshops - share what you know

     - If you've got an interesting proposal that doesn't fit into any of
       the categories above, please send it in anyway!

What have we already got talks or sessions about?
    - ID, surveillance and data-sharing
    - mySociety
    - international disaster management technologies

    We're still looking for lots more talks on all our
    topics, so if you want to offer something, we're waiting
    to hear your ideas.

*How do I submit a proposal?*
     - Online form via http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/offer
     - Deadline for submissions is midnight on Saturday 1st May 2009

*Can I buy or reserve a ticket to the event?*

- Register at http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/list
  and we'll email you nearer the time with more information

*Any other questions?*

Read the Submission page or email opentech at ukuug.org

More information at http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

-- the OpenTech 2009 organisers
    http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

         *  please forward to anyone you think might be interested. *
         *            www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009             *
--
UKUUG Secretariat
PO Box 37