[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - OpenTech is just 12 days away... yay!

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Fri Jun 26 10:26:41 BST 2009

   OpenTech 2009 - Saturday 4th July, London

   Now just 12 days away! This year's theme is "Working on
   Stuff that Matters" guarantees a day of thoughtful talks
   and conversations with friends. Totaling 33 talks across 3
   sessions covering 7 hours, some space hijacking and plenty
   of time to talk in the bar after sessions which challenge,
   inspire or talk about something that makes you want to
   help how you can. The last two times we have sold out in
   advance, so you are strongly advised to pre-register.

           *** Ticket reservations still open ***

                        Open Tech 2009
                       sponsored by 4iP

       Saturday July 4th - ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY
           http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

   Open Tech 2009, from UKUUG and friends,
   Saturday July 4th
   ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY

   Tickets only £5 (on the door). Please pre-register yours
   in advance:
         http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/registration
   Students Free Entry on showing ID.

   This year's line up features...
        * Two Cultures from Bill Thompson
        * Bad Science from Ben Goldacre
        * Freedom of Information Works from Heather Brooke
        * Energy, location and privacy
        * Peace & War
        * Making things happen, from those who do
        * Web of Power - what's next for Politicians?
        * The Guardian and Ian Tomlinson Story
        * Ways our Internet Laws are Broken

   For the full schedule visit
             http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

   Brought to you by UKUUG and friends. Sponsored by 4iP

   Tickets are £5, paid for on the door

   One thing we're doing this year is giving everyone related
   to OpenTech the chance to post their projects on a page,
   and say what help they need. Offline or on, whether you're
   after tech people or just more helpers, you can ask the
   OpenTech community to help out what matters to you:
        http://ukuug.org/opentech/friends

   * Want to help out? *

   OpenTech is organised by volunteers and we are now looking
   for more people to help out on the day. In return for free
   early entry and our eternal gratitude, we're in need of a
   few people to show up a bit earlier and help us set the
   venue up, and a few people to do the audio recordings for
   those who can't make it

   If you're interested, or have random other questions,
   email us on opentech at ukuug.org

   Final programme may be subject to alteration. OpenTech is
   open to everyone so please help spread the word online and
   offline. Thanks for reading!

   Saturday July 4th - ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY
   http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

   When signing up for your tickets online, why not tick the
   box to hear a little more from us, or just send an email to
   opentech-info-subscribe at lists.ukuug.org . Your address will
   only be used to contact you about OpenTech and will not be
   passed onto third parties.

   If you're attending the WhatDoTheyKnow Freedom of
   Information workshop? Have a think, and bring along the
   inkling of an idea for something you want to investigate,
   or questions you have about FOI research that you've
   already started.

    Saturday July 4th - ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY

             http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2009/

    Final programme may be subject to alteration. Thanks for reading!
--
UKUUG Secretariat
PO Box 37
office at ukuug.org