[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - Spring 2010 Conference - Call for Papers

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Mon Sep 28 11:49:12 BST 2009

UKUUG Spring 2010 Conference - Call for Papers

23-25 March in Manchester (Manchester Conference Centre)

UKUUG's annual Large Installation Systems Administration (LISA) conference
will take place in Manchester from 23-25 March 2010.

This is the UK's only conference aimed specifically at systems and network
administrators. It attracts a large number of professionals from sites of all
shapes and sizes. As well as the technical talks, the conference provides a
friendly environment for delegates to meet, learn, and enjoy lively debate on
a host of subjects.

We are currently accepting talks; so if you are a systems administrator, we
want to hear from you. We are seeking papers covering all aspects of systems
and network administration, including:

*security and audit
*authentication and authorisation
*operating systems
*ethics and legislative compliance
*storage solutions
*network file systems
*databases and directory services
*nomadic and wireless computing
*cluster management
*configuration management
*scripting and task automation
*benchmarking and performance tuning

If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular
application or hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow systems
administrators, or a favourite tool you could talk about, please submit a
paper for consideration by the programme committee.

Significant Dates

Initial closing date for abstracts: 		15th November 2009
Speakers notified by: 			22nd November 2009

To offer a talk, or make enquiries about a partially formed idea, email
spring2010 at ukuug.org.

More Information  -  See the conference web site for news and up-to-date
information: http://www.ukuug.org/spring2010

--
UKUUG Secretariat
PO Box 37