[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - Open Tech 2010 - Announcement

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Fri Jul 23 10:35:24 BST 2010

     * Ticket reservations now open - Please Redistribute Freely *

                        Open Tech 2010
                   sponsored by data.gov.uk

         Saturday 11th Septmber - ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY
             http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2010/

   Open Tech 2010, from UKUUG and friends,
   Saturday 11th September
   ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY

   Tickets only £5
   Students Free Entry

   Welcome to OpenTech 2010.

40 talks across 3 tracks over 7 hours, on crowds, earthquakes and
battlefronts, which hope to challenge, inspire or talk about something that
makes you want to get involved.  OpenTech 2010 includes earthquakes of the
metaphorical and physical kind, ForTheWin, enlightenment and the environment,
and with plenty of time to talk in the bar after sessions which challenge,
inspire or talk about something that makes you want to help how you can. The
last two times we have sold out in advance, so you are strongly advised to
pre-register.

   This year's line up features...
        * Another 500 years of Enlightenment from Bill Thompson
        * Tales from the Battlefront from No2ID
        * For the Win: Game-space and Public Engagement
        * Just Do It: The Documentary from  Director Emily James
        * Climate Change: how screwed are we? from Gavin Starks
        * 10:10 global from Technical Director Robin Houston
        * Crowdsourcing Data Context from Hadley Beeman
        * OpenGeoScience: not just earthquakes
        * Keeping the web open - Mozilla Drumbeat
        * Lessons and futures from data.gov.uk
        * Today's Guardian
        * Who's lobbying?
        * and much much more besides

   The full schedule is at
             http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2010/

   Brought to you by UKUUG and friends. Sponsored by data.gov.uk

   Tickets are £5, paid for on the door; but you should pre-register yours
online at
             http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2010/registration

   * Want to help out? *

   OpenTech is organised by volunteers and we are now looking
   for volunteers to help out on the day. In return for free
   early entry and our eternal gratitude, we're in need of a
   few people to show up a bit earlier and help us set the
   venue up, and a few people to help with the audio recordings.

   If you're interested, or have random other questions, email
   us on opentech at ukuug.org

   One thing we're doing this year is giving everyone related
   to OpenTech the chance to post their projects on a page,
   and say what help they need. Offline or on, whether you're
   after tech people or just more helpers, you can ask the
   OpenTech community to help out what matters to you:
         http://ukuug.org/opentech/friends

   Final programme may be subject to alteration. OpenTech is a
   not for profit event open to everyone so please help spread
   the word online and offline. Thanks for reading!

   Saturday 11th September- ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY
   http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2010/

   When signing up for your tickets online, why not tick the
   box to hear a little more from us, or just send an email to
   opentech-info-subscribe at lists.ukuug.org . Your address will
   only be used to contact you about OpenTech and will not be
   passed onto third parties.

    Saturday 11th September - ULU, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY

             http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2010/

    Final programme may be subject to alteration. Thanks for reading!

--
UKUUG Secretariat
PO Box 37
office at ukuug.org