[UKUUG-Announce] O'Reilly Media - Velocity Europe Conference in Berlin

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Tue Oct 25 10:31:19 BST 2011

Coming soon -

Velocity Europe http://velocityconf.com/velocityeu/

Berlin November 8th -9th.

***Cost: 749 € less 20% discount = 600 € -

***Please quote Promo Code UKUUG20 when registering to get the 20% discount.

Other discounts are available - please check
https://en.oreilly.com/velocityeu/public/register
but please Note — We will always provide the highest possible discount,
however, we do not allow more than one discount.

O'Reilly Media is bringing Velocity Conference to Berlin--European offshoot
will focus on web performance and operations.

Building on the success of four years of Velocity Conferences in the US and
China, O'Reilly Media announces the inaugural Velocity Europe. The program
will explore web performance and operations, November 8 and 9, 2011 at the
Maritim Pro Arte Hotel in Berlin.

An international crowd of performance and site reliability experts will
converge at Velocity Europe to share the information critical to building and
scaling websites and services, discussing both best practices and lessons
learned. What are the latest innovations to impact web development and
optimisation in Europe? Who are the key players and what role does Europe play
in the overall industry ecosystem? We'll answer those questions and more at
Velocity Europe.

Topics include:

    Building a continuous delivery platform

    Exploring a career in Web Operations

    Rethinking mobile web performance

    The relationship between faster mobile sites and business KPIs

    Surviving a DDoS attack

    How teams can thrive in the Cloud

    Building your anticipation muscles and creating effective contingency plans

    HTTP connection management

For more information, please visit velocityconf.com/velocityeu

All the best and many thanks
___________

Josette Garcia
PR/Marketing Manager

O'Reilly UK Limited
Gostrey House . Union Road . Farnham . GU9 7PT
DDI: 01252 891366
www.oreilly.com<http://www.oreilly.com/>
http://www.josetteorama.com<http://www.josettorama.com/> . @josetteg

FLOSS UK Secretariat