[UKUUG-Announce] FLOSS UK - Spring 2012 Event - Edinburgh

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Wed Oct 26 11:45:24 BST 2011

The FLOSS UK's annual Large Installation Systems Administration (LISA) event
will be held on 20th, 21st & 22nd March 2012 in Edinburgh

We are currently accepting talks; so if you are a systems administrator, we
want to hear from you. We are seeking papers covering all aspects of systems
and network administration, including:
security and audit
authentication and authorisation
backup and restore
data de-duplication
operating systems
network/cluster file systems
ethics and legislative compliance
storage solutions
databases and directory services
nomadic and wireless computing
cluster management
configuration management
scripting and task automation
benchmarking and performance tuning
virtualisation and system deployment using 'cloud' technology
If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular
application or hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow systems
administrators, or a favourite tool you could talk about, please submit a
paper for consideration by the programme committee.
Significant Dates
Initial closing date for abstracts: 18th November 2011
Speakers notified by: 25th November 2011
To offer a talk, or make enquiries about a partially formed idea, email
spring2012 at flossuk.org.
--
FLOSS UK Secretariat
PO Box 37