[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG & O'Reilly - 'Practical DNSSEC Tutorial / Training' - November 2011

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Mon Oct 31 13:13:14 GMT 2011

3 places available.........

UKUUG & O'Reilly

'Practical DNSSEC Tutorial'  -  Tutor:  Jan-Piet Mens

Wednesday 16th November 2011 - London

This one day tutorial is aimed at experienced or aspiring DNS administrators
who want to learn about DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC).

A basic knowledge of Unix and DNS is expected and required.

Topics covered include:

*What is DNSSEC?
DNS vulnerabilities
How DNSSEC addresses them
New DNSSEC resource records
Chain of trust / islands of trust / DLV
DNSSEC-capable servers

*DNSSEC slave servers
BIND
NSD
Protecting zone transfer with TSIG

*BIND utilities
Creating DNSSEC keys
Manual zone signing

*The Unbound DNS caching server
Scenarios for Unbound deployment
Configuring DNSSEC
Islands of trust
DLV
Unbound and your own islands of trust

*BIND auto-sign
Configuration
Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
Configuring BIND update policies
Creating SIG(0) keys
Dynamic updates with nsupdate

*Monitoring

*PowerDNS
Serving DNSSEC-signed zones from PowerDNS
PowerDNS as an in-line signer

*DNSSEC “applications”
SSHFP
What is DANE?

*Key rollovers
dig / drill

Who should attend?

Those who use DNS and are considering deploying DNSSEC.

Attendees should have some experience of running a BIND9 name server and be
familiar with the jargon for resource records, as well as the syntax of zone
files.

We will discuss two quite different brands of name server for serving
DNSSEC: BIND9 and PowerDNS.

Attendees are encouraged to bring their own laptops (Unix/Linux recommended,
but Windows OK) so that they can follow the practical exercises.

We will set  up an authoritative DNSSEC-signed zone and will configure an
Unbound caching server to validate DNS queries.

see:  http://www.ukuug.org/events/DNSSEC

for full details and on-line booking form

--
FLOSS UK Secretariat
PO Box 37
office at flossuk.org