[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - FLOSS UK - Spring 2013 - Newcastle - Speakers Required!

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Mon Oct 29 12:07:42 GMT 2012

FLOSS UK Spring 2013
Tutorial & Conference

Newcastle-upon-Tyne - 19th - 21st March 2013

FLOSS UK's annual Large Installation Systems Administration (LISA) conference
will take place in Newcastle-upon-Tyne from the 20th - 21st March 2013.

This is the UK's only conference aimed specifically at systems and network
administrators. It attracts a large number of professionals from sites of all
shapes and sizes. As well as the technical talks, the conference provides a
friendly environment for delegates to meet, learn, and enjoy lively debate on
a host of subjects.

Tutorial: The conference will be preceded by a tutorial or extended workshop.
Recent past conferences have included sessions on: Perl for Systems
Administrators; IPv6; Kerberos, Samba, Scons, Haskell and Chef. If you would
like to offer a tutorial that might interest our target audience, please submit
a proposal.

Conference: We are currently accepting talks; so if you are a systems
administrator, we want to hear from you. We are seeking papers covering all
aspects of systems and network administration, including:

*backup and restore
*data de-duplication
*security and audit
*authentication and authorisation
*virtualisation and system deployment using 'cloud' technology
*operating systems
*network/cluster file systems
*ethics and legislative compliance
 *storage solutions
*databases and directory services
*nomadic and wireless computing
*cluster management
*configuration management
*scripting and task automation
*benchmarking and performance tuning

If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular
application or hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow systems
administrators, or a favourite tool you could talk about, please submit a
paper for consideration by the programme committee.

Significant Dates:

Initial closing date for abstracts: 15th November 2012

Speakers notified by: 22nd November 2012

To offer a talk, or make enquiries about a partially formed idea, email
spring2013 at flossuk.org

More Information:  See the conference web site for news and up-to-date
information: http:www.flossuk.org/spring2013

--
FLOSS UK Secretariat
PO Box 37