[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - FLOSS UK DEVOPS - Call for Papers - Brighton 2014

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Tue Oct 8 12:17:42 BST 2013

FLOSS UK 'DEVOPS' - Spring 2014 - Workshop & Conference
Brighton - 18th - 20th March 2014

FLOSS UK's 'DEVOPS' event will take place in Brighton from the 18th - 20th
March 2014.

This is the UK's only conference aimed specifically at systems and network
administrators. It attracts a large number of professionals from sites of all
shapes and sizes. As well as the technical talks, the conference provides a
friendly environment for delegates to meet, learn, and enjoy lively debate on
a host of subjects.

Workshop: The conference will be preceded by a workshop. If you would like to
offer a workshop that might interest our target audience, please submit a
proposal.

Conference: We are currently accepting talks; so if you are a systems
administrator, we want to hear from you. We are seeking papers covering all
aspects of systems and network administration, including:

*backup and restore *data de-duplication
*security and audit *authentication and authorisation
*operating systems *network/cluster file systems
*ethics and legislative compliance *storage solutions
*databases and directory services *nomadic and wireless computing
*cluster management *configuration management
*scripting and task automation *benchmarking and performance tuning
*networks & systems monitoring *virtualisation and system deployment using
'cloud' technology

Just a few of the speakers signed up to date:

Stephen Quinney (University of Edinburgh)
Quentin Wright (Xi Software Ltd.)
Simon Riggs – 'State of PostgreSQL' (2nd Quadrant)

If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular
application or hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow systems
administrators, or a favourite tool you could talk about, please submit a
paper for consideration by the programme committee. There will be a prize for
the best talk.

Bursaries may be made available for accepted speakers who are unable to afford
travel costs.

All accepted speakers receive a complimentary conference place and a ticket
for the Conference dinner.

We are also seeking lightning talks for the afternoon of Wednesday 19th March
– please contact us if you have something you want to schedule in the
programme.

Significant Dates: Initial closing date for abstracts:
15th November 2013

Speakers notified by: 22nd November 2013

To offer a talk please submit online at:
http://conference.flossuk.org/en/spring2014/cfp/session/new

--
FLOSS UK Secretariat
PO Box 37