[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - FLOSS UK - More talks required for Spring 2015

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Fri Dec 19 12:25:25 GMT 2014

UKUUG  -  FLOSS UK - Spring 2015 - YORK - 24th - 26th March

We have space for some more talks -

Extended date for proposals - 31st December 2014

Details below:

FLOSS UK 'DEVOPS' - Spring 2015 - Workshop & Conference
York – 24th, 25th & 26th March 2015

FLOSS UK's 'DEVOPS' event will take place in York from the 24th - 26th March 2015.

This is the UK's only conference aimed specifically at systems and network
administrators. It attracts a large number of professionals from sites of all shapes and
sizes. As well as the technical talks, the conference provides a friendly environment for
delegates to meet, learn, and enjoy lively debate on a host of subjects.

Workshop: The conference will be preceded by a workshop. If you would like to offer a
workshop that might interest our target audience, please submit a proposal.

Conference: We are currently accepting talks; so if you are a systems administrator, we
want to hear from you. We are seeking papers covering all aspects of systems and
network administration, including:

*backup and restore
*data de-duplication
*security and audit
*authentication and authorisation
*operating systems
*network/cluster file systems
*ethics and legislative compliance
*storage solutions
*databases and directory services
*nomadic and wireless computing
*cluster management
 *configuration management
*scripting and task automation
*benchmarking and performance tuning
*networks & systems monitoring
*virtualisation and system deployment using 'cloud' technology

If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular application or
hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow systems administrators, or a favourite
tool you could talk about, please submit a paper for consideration by the programme
committee. There will be a prize for the best talk.

Bursaries may be made available for accepted speakers who are unable to afford travel
costs. (Note: A budget limit has been set by Council and all amounts are to be
confirmed in advance).

All accepted speakers receive a complimentary conference place and a ticket for the
Conference dinner.

We are also seeking lightning talks for the afternoon of Wednesday 25th March –
please contact us if you have something you want to schedule in the programme.

Significant Dates:

Initial closing date for abstracts: extended until 31st December 2014

Speakers notified by: 21st November 2014

To offer a talk please email spring2015 at flossuk.org

--
FLOSS UK Secretariat
office at flossuk.org