[UKUUG-Announce] FLOSS UK - Dynamic Languages Conference - 20th June

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Mon May 18 17:23:45 BST 2015

It is just a few weeks away to the Dynamic Languages conference on Saturday 20th
June 2015 at the Studio, Manchester. The call for speakers is still open and we are
accepting talks from any Dynamic Language on any subject. To submit a talk, gain more
information or ask about sponsorship contact Jane (office at flossuk.org) or Mark
(m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk).

The Dynamic languages Conference works as an Open Technology Event with the aim
of collaboration across cultures and disciplines.

Already confirmed keynotes and workshops include:

Lorna Mitchell
Your Open Source Journey
Who are you and what is your open source journey? We all came to this shared
experience by different routes, but the way that we find our way in the technical
communities shapes both our future and the future of those communities. Come and
reflect on your place, your path and your future.

Gianni Ciolli
Using Postgres with Any Language
Dr Ciolli, a developer and researcher with 2nd Quadrant, will discuss how you can use
the PostgreSQL Database as a support for multiple languages as an example system
agnosticism. He will even discuss how to re-use any component to easily fit different
languages.

Rick Deller
Rick Deller of Eligo wil present two workshops:
Workshop 1 – Writing an Engaging CV and Conducting yourself at Interview
How to format and shape your CV · Selling yourself on Paper · Creating / developing
your brand on your CV · Securing yourself an interview · Continual Brand awareness ·
Telephone interview technique · Face to Face Interview technique · Closing

Worksop 2 – Dealing with Agencies and Understanding their benefit
Initial conduct · Building repot with agents · Understanding the benefit of agent / how
they work · Pushing back on agent · Ensuring you get what you want when applying for
a job through agent · Maintaining you Brand · Dealing with interviews through agents ·
Closing Agents

Book your Tickets, avoid disappointment: you can get your tickets on EventBrite
(http://bit.ly/dl2015tickets), it will take a few moments to just visit and book online
today. The ticket covers entry, workshops and a lunch.

--
FLOSS UK Secretariat
office at flossuk.org
office at ukuug.org