[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - FLOSS UK - Call for Papers - Spring 2016 - London

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Thu Nov 19 10:50:34 GMT 2015

Spring 2016

15th, 16th & 17th March 2016

Venue:  Mary Ward House, 5 - 7 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9SN

The FLOSS UK Council are now accepting submissions for presentations and workshops
for our main annual conference event.

In recent years we have evolved into the UK's primary support organisation for
Free/Libre Open Source Systems (FLOSS) supporting Free and Open Technology.

The Spring conference is the UK's longest running event supporting systems and
network administrators. But as FLOSS UK has evolved to support open networks,
software, hardware and data so our primary conference has become open to
submissions on these areas.

If you would like to offer a forum or half-day workshop that might interest our target
audience, please submit a proposal.

If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular application or
hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow open source delegates, or a favourite tool
you could talk about, use of open data, please submit a paper for consideration by the
programme committee.

There will be a prize for the best conference talk. Bursaries may be made available for
accepted speakers who are unable to afford travel costs, subject to Council approval
with all bursaries being fixed in advance.

All accepted speakers receive a complimentary conference place and a ticket for the
conference dinner.

We are also seeking lightning talks for the event – please contact us if you have
something you want to schedule in the programme – Lightning Talk speakers who offer
no other presentation are not eligible for free conference places or dinner.

Significant Dates:

Initial closing date for abstracts: 30th December 2015

Speakers notified by: 20th January 2016

Conference: 15th-17th March 2016

To submit a paper, please email spring2016 at flossuk.org

--