[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - FLOSS UK - Spring 2017 (Manchester) Call for Papers

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Thu Aug 11 11:47:27 BST 2016

FLOSS UK - Spring 2017

The Studio, Manchester

Worskhops 14th March
2 day Conference 15th & 16th March 2017

FLOSS UK Council are now accepting submissions for presentations and workshops for
our main annual conference event. In recent years we have evolved into the UK's
primary support organisation for Free/Libre Open Source Systems (FLOSS) supporting
Free and Open Technology.

The Spring Conference is the UK's longest running event supporting systems and
network administrators. But as FLOSS UK has evolved to support open networks,
software, hardware and data so our primary conference has become open to
submissions on these areas.

If you would like to offer a forum or half-day workshop that might interest our target
audience, please submit a proposal.

All submissions are judged using a 'blind' process.  Please avoid any identifying
information in the body of your proposal.

If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular application or
hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow open source delegates, or a favourite tool
you could talk about, use of open data, please submit a paper for consideration by the
programme committee.

There will be a prize for the best conference talk. Bursaries may be made available for
accepted speakers who are unable to afford travel costs, subject to Council approval
with all bursaries being fixed in advance. All accepted speakers receive a
complimentary Conference place and a ticket for the conference dinner.

We are also seeking lightning talks for the event – please contact us if you have
something you want to schedule in the programme – Lightning Talk speakers who
make no other presentation are not eligible for free conference places or dinner.

Significant Dates: Initial closing date for abstracts: 18th October 2016

Speakers notified by: 1st December

Workshops: Tuesday 14th March 2017
Conference: 15th & 16th March 2017

To submit a paper, please email spring2017 at flossuk.org