[UKUUG-Announce] UKUUG - FLOSS UK - Spring Conference & Workshop - 14 - 16 March 2017

Jane Morrison office at ukuug.org
Mon Oct 31 15:00:15 GMT 2016

*First Workshop has been agreed for 14th March - 'Raspberry Pi' by Les
Pounder*

FLOSS UK - Spring 2017 - The Studio, Manchester

Worskhops 14th March

2 day Conference 15th & 16th March 2017

FLOSS UK Council are now accepting submissions for presentations and
workshops for our main annual conference event. In recent years we have
evolved into the UK's primary support organisation for Free/Libre Open
Source Systems (FLOSS) supporting Free and Open Technology.

The Spring Conference is the UK's longest running event supporting
systems and network administrators. But as FLOSS UK has evolved to
support open networks, software, hardware and data so our primary
conference has become open to submissions on these areas.

If you would like to offer a forum or half-day workshop that might
interest our target audience, please submit a proposal.

All submissions are judged using a 'blind' process. Please avoid any
identifying information in the body of your proposal.

If you have a novel solution to a problem, experience of a particular
application or hardware platform, tips and tricks for fellow open source
delegates, or a favourite tool you could talk about, use of open data,
please submit a paper for consideration by the programme committee.

There will be a prize for the best conference talk. Bursaries may be
made available for accepted speakers who are unable to afford travel
costs, subject to Council approval with all bursaries being fixed in
advance. All accepted speakers receive a complimentary Conference place
and a ticket for the conference dinner.

We are also seeking lightning talks for the event – please contact us if
you have something you want to schedule in the programme – Lightning
Talk speakers who make no other presentation are not eligible for free
conference places or dinner.

Significant Dates:

Initial closing date for abstracts: *20th January 2017*

Speakers notified by: *27th January 2017*

Workshops: Tuesday 14th March 2017

Conference: 15th & 16th March 2017

*To submit a paper, please email spring2017 at flossuk.org*

All submissions will be acknowledged.